Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fox News' long history of race-baiting | Media Matters for America


I'd like the editorial staff at the Daily News Record to check this research paper done by Media Matters. They'll call it a leftist blog, but that only means that the race baiting, racist stories and racially charged political strategies pursued by the right wing are listed objectively. This is what they've done!

I was accused on the blog of playing the race card by whining about racism yet again. The blogger, one of my favorite foils on the blog, just got tired of hearing it. I simply listed yet again several of the instances of race baiting on the blog and in the right wing noise machine and told him to get used to it.

I agree with Joan Walsh who thinks that racist stories and race baiting by the right wing needs to be called out whenever it occurs. I'd say the same thing about the left, but the famous "Southern Strategy" is a famous and well known strategy of the right. I've yet to see any equivalent on the left. Tell me when I'm wrong.

No comments: