Wednesday, March 11, 2009

EFCA and.... Hannity?

An interesting note in the HuffPo today. Seems that in an interview with Fox News Political analyist, Bob Beckel, Mr. Hannity revealed that he didn't even know what health insurance he had.

HANNITY: I'm on the Fox Plan and the AFTRA Plan. I have no clue what insurance I have. I don't have a special health care plan! I have the same plan that you do.
Beckel then admitted that the same plan (Fox Plan) Hannity had was denied to him because of a preexisting condition.

The interesting part of this exchange is the news that Hannity is on the AFTRA Plan. Jason Linkins:

By the way, the AFTRA Plan? That refers to the health benefits extended by being a member of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, a union. It's a pretty special health care plan, for millionaire infotainers.

Hannity is a member of a Union. He benefits from a rather luxurious health care package as a result. Let's watch and see what he and his cohorts at Fox News say about the coming EFCA debate. Will he fight for or against American workers rights to share the same benefits?

I'm watching this issue closely. I'm curious to see if Congressional Democrats can summon the political will to defend the working class or if the give in yet again to wealthy corporate autocrats. Stay tuned indeed.....

No comments: